This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Secretariat

This afternoon, I went to see the movie "Secretariat." I have been so excited about this movie since I first heard about it back in May. Being a huge horse lover and fan of horse racing since I was a little girl, I was happy to see Disney take on this story. Secretariat was and always has been my favorite race horse ever - never mind the fact that his amazing Triple Crown run came a full ten years before I was even born.


The movie was very good. The acting was great, the camera work was really awesome and the horses were just beautiful. I learned a few things about the story I didn't know before, though I was a bit disappointed that never once did they mention the fact that Secretariat's connections also had Riva Ridge, who won the Derby in 1972. I guess it made for a more dramatic story to leave that part out. Either way, I highly recommend it whether or not you are a horse fan or have ever watched a race. It's more about the people than the horse, and still a great story.


Yesterday was a good day as I went to Retiree Appreciation Day in the morning and hung out for about an hour and a half talking with lots of the people I work with and taking a few pictures. I then ran a couple errands and headed home to relax and clean up the house.


I started reading the newest Nicholas Sparks book a while back so today spent most of the morning lounging and reading that before it was time to go to the movie. The book is good - it's so far pretty typical of his writings, but seems to be a little bit of a darker twist coming on the horizon. I'll let you know.


Tonight, Vikings vs. Cowboys. I don't think anyone will believe me, but I'm going to say go Cowboys in this one. I have my reasons! Since the Twins' season is sadly over (sniff, sniff) I have begun putting all my backing toward the Rangers to stomp out those stupid Yankees. My trip to the States is rapidly approaching, though it seems Carl will be here at some point soon too, so the trip is now up in the air pending his arrival. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment