This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

An accomplished weekend

Yeah, so I didn't blog Friday or Saturday. Did anyone actually notice? Probably not.


Friday I went to Baumholder in the afternoon with our commander, SGM, company commander and company 1SG. We were going to see the results of the Best Warrior competition and see if our guys won -- sure enough, we got one! Out of the three competitions, we had a first and two seconds. Not bad! 


Baumholder is absolutely beautiful! I don't really envy the people who live there because it kind of seems to be in the middle of nowhere and the hills would make for a very rough winter. But the scenery - greenery and hills - was beautiful. 


Friday evening I fell asleep on the couch and proceeded to sleep all night. At 7 a.m. the dogs woke me up to go outside. So I went to the bedroom and went to bed in the bed. Leslie had called Friday night to see if I'd go to dinner with them Saturday and go to her soccer game at noon, so I knew I needed to be at her game by noon. Wow. I didn't actually wake up from my bed until 11! My jeans were in the washer still, so I put the dryer on and got ready to go. I got there only about 5 minutes late. 


Then the rains came. Wind, rain, cold. I am not kidding - definitely the coldest, rainiest, windiest day I've seen in a while. Usually when we have days like that I'm snuggled inside my house, dry and warm. Not this time. I braved the weather for an hour and a half. I am sure I'll get sick now from it. After the game (they won 4-1 and Leslie scored on a penalty kick - go Leslie!) she and I went to Burger King and then I headed to the office to send a couple emails. I was so cold and wet still that I just had to go home and warm up. I put on some sweats, made some tea and curled up under two blankets to watch some Reba. At 5:30 I was due at Lira's for dinner.


Once I got there we all decided we were feeling too lazy to actually go out to eat, so we walked to the pasta place around the corner and got some food to go. It was yummy and I'll be having my leftovers for dinner tonight. 


I got home about 9:30 or so and proceeded to talk to my dad, then my mom and then my grandma on the phone. Then I watched some more Reba and fell asleep.


Today, I did my usual Sunday routine so far - Church (sad as this is the last time our chaplain was preaching before he PCSes - I really like him. Mental note to send him an email tomorrow); then the library; then the PX; then the commissary.


Tomorrow we are having our monthly building birthday celebration at work so that means tonight is time to bake! I am going to attempt a new recipe - banana split cupcakes - but also make the old standby brownies. Dog hair hopefully excluded this time :(


This weekend I had been invited to Jen's house in Stuttgart to go to the Oktoberfest with the three Jen's. I actually highly considered going up just for the day Saturday, but decided against it on Friday afternoon when I realized they were going in the evening. I just felt like I needed to be here this weekend and while reading through this blog doesn't actually prove that I accomplished anything this weekend, believe me when I say it was a very productive weekend for me to be at home and prepare for my trip next week. Can't wait!


Ok, time to start baking!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment