This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cars, bananas, boxes and penguins

Today at work I babysat.

I know -- that is not ever the first thing that comes to mind when someone thinks about me. Kristen + kids? No way!

One of our new captains brought his son to work today because his wife was having surgery at Landstuhl, and kids aren't allowed around the surgery area. The little guy is about 20 months and, dare I say it, absolutely adorable.

The captain is going to be out for a while taking care of his wife and kid while she recovers, so I decided to be nice and watch the little man so his dad could get some work done.

We had a blast! Granted, not much work was accomplished most of the afternoon, but that's ok since it was a quiet day and a lot of people are TDY and on leave this week.

We played with cars and trucks and boxes and penguins and bananas and spoons. We made funny noises with our mouths and goofy faces. We flew around the conference room and took a walk to the mailroom. I actually had several people ask if he was mine - heck no! But thanks for thinking I could handle something like that.

I almost hate to admit it, but I really enjoyed spending time with the little guy! By the end of the day, he actually cried when I had to leave! Say what?! I must have done something right!

Not bad considering when his dad first handed him off to me, I warned him that if he doesn't have fur like my kids, I am not really sure how to handle him.

His response? It's ok, just don't take him outside to go potty.

I definitely had help: thanks Jen - her suggestions - give him a stress ball and don't give him a stapler. Great advice! And Chelsey came to the rescue a couple times with a picture book and some wooden spoons and lots of extra time to make funny noises with me.

Overall, nope, I still don't want one of my own, but it was fun to play with him today. I think it's because I knew by the end of the day, he was going home with his daddy, and I was going home to my furry babies.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment