This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday = church, library, commissary... the usual

Last night, I had to fight to stay awake till 9 p.m. I was literally making myself stay awake because I knew that if I fell asleep too early, I'd be up in the middle of the night, wide awake. I laid down on the couch about 9 to watch some football and promptly fell asleep.

About midnight or so, I woke up and moved to the bed. I almost felt drugged I was so tired! I let the dogs out (that would ensure they wouldn't wake me up early) and climbed into bed. I didn't wake up again till 8 a.m. when the dogs woke me up. And guess what? I still felt exhausted.

My dad called a little after 8 to let me know that his charter flight had just landed safely in Nashville from Dallas. He knew I'd be the only one awake that he could call at that time. I still think it's pretty neat that he can call me sometimes in the middle of the night when he's on the way home from a game, and I'm awake because it's morning for me already.

So, I headed to church to hear the guest pastor, the Rev. Ron Archer. He was a great speaker. Church was packed today - I actually had to park across the street at the theater, and snagged a seat in the very back row of extra chairs lining the wall. Lira showed up and then Dan and Kelli and so we were all squished against the wall. It was a great service and I'm glad I went. He's a dynamic and powerful speaker. His son, Chris, was there. He told us the story of how Chris was once in a football accident and the doctors said he was paralyzed from the neck down and would never walk again.

Guess what. Chris is walking and completely fine today. Dr. Archer said he knew he owed his life back to God after God gave life back to his child. It was awesome, very moving.

After church, I moved along to my usual routine of library (drop off severely late books and movies, check; pick up new ones - yes! They had Reba season three! check!) Next, I went to the car wash to clean up my car. I noticed yesterday that it was looking quite pathetic, so I bought the deluxe wash and now it's looking good (surprise: it's raining out now as I write this... good thing I have a garage!)

Then I headed to the PX to grab a bite to eat and some random items I needed. While there I bought a very cute fall-colored table runner for my dining room table from this adorable old couple set up in the doorway. I think they were Polish.

If you know me and my house, you know that usually the dining room table actually means "place to gather junk." However, with this cute table runner and the very fancy table cloth I bought a couple months ago, I am hoping it'll inspire me to keep the table clean and presentable.

That's why I keep the ironing board permanently set up right next to it now -- that's also a great place to set everything down. Classy, yeah? Ironing board in the dining room?

After the PX, I headed back to the commissary and did my grocery shopping. Then, back to the house to unload. I cleaned up the inside of the car a little bit. The weather today was absolutely beautiful - it had to have gotten up to 80. I even had on shorts and a t-shirt and did quite a bit of yard work, too.

This evening I watched a couple episodes of Reba and then football.

Now, I probably need to make myself go to bed. Can't figure out why I was still so tired when I woke up this morning. I blame it on some random disease that I don't know I have yet. I'll figure it out soon though.

Tomorrow starts another new week and lots of work ahead. Better try to get some sleep I suppose.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You bought a Polish table runner? I have a Croatian table runner. Cool Dude !!

    ReplyDelete