Two people, four suitcases, two dogs and a cat, landed in Germany and started this whirlwind adventure. Now a whole lot of new friends and awesome memories later, we're still here. Well at least I am. Carl's here in spirit and will be back... in many months :(
I've spent quite a bit of time reminiscing over the past couple days. Could be that I knew this date was approaching. Could also be that I've been having trouble falling asleep again lately...
Here's to more great friends and happy memories as we begin this next year here!
//////////
Today was a long day - I got to work before 7 a.m. and left a little after 5 p.m. And still have plenty waiting for me tomorrow! At least it was a much better day today than yesterday. My friend very nicely made up for the brownie comment from yesterday (think all that crying I did could turn anyone's heart over); and I had lots of comments and compliments on the work I've been doing. Of everyone in our early morning report meeting, my name came up from at least four different representatives - and all were things I've either already accomplished for them or are currently working. No one else had that kind of notoriety! That felt good.
Had a nice conversation with my mom tonight, which always makes things seem better. I finished Reba season two tonight. (I better find season three soon!!!!) Then I rocked out to some James Taylor, Carol King and Josh Groban on my iPod speaker thingy. Nothing like soothing music blaring through the house.
Let me take a minute to give props to two of my newest albums that have quickly become favorites - Jaron and the Long Road to Love (Favorite songs: "Pray for You" and "Beautiful to Me") and The Band Perry (favorite song: "If I Die Young"). Very good country-ish tunes that I recommend.
Now it's off to bed. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment