There are, most definitely, dishonest people out there who will take advantage of you.
Rotten apples.
I strive to be nice, honest and trusting. I will loan money or give out snacks or give away my last bottle of water - all you have to do is ask. But apparently, some people would rather sneak into my office when I'm away and steal cash from my wallet.
Of course, today was one day that I actually had a lot of money in my wallet. I had roughly $130 and 10Euro in there. Well, not anymore.
The coldhearted snake, whoever they are, left me with a one dollar bill.
Rotten apples - yeah, they sure do make the world stink.
I was distraught and still am pretty mad. I am disappointed that it was someone I work with, quite possibly someone in my very hallway or someone who comes through there often enough to know my routine.
Either way, I'll never get that cash back. Thankfully, I am blessed enough that I'm not going to go hungry because that money was taken. But needless to say, I've been kind of bitter this afternoon and evening.
Mostly though, I am simply hurt. Hurt and saddened that someone would take advantage of me and my vulnerabilities like that.
As my SGM put it, it's a tough and expensive lesson learned. Therefore, all I can do is learn from it, and drive on. And that's what I'll do.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment