This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Friday, September 10, 2010

An early morning workday

Last night I was in bed before 9 p.m. I probably fell asleep about 9:30. I woke up, wide awake at 3 a.m. but luckily was able to stay in bed another hour before my alarm went off.

Yes, my alarm was set for 4 a.m. this morning. I turned on the tv in time to see the Vikings up in the third quarter. Within five minutes of me turning on the tv, the Saints took the lead, sacked Favre, and I stopped watching. It was all my fault.

And yes, I made it to the fun run - to the surprise of many people there - and headed straight to work by 6 a.m. It was actually quite pleasant being at work so early with no one around. I mean, it was still dark out, and the place was so quiet. I got some actual work done! By 7:30 when others started rolling in, I was peanut-buttering a biscuit from the chow hall and on my second bottle of juice, a story written, a banner hung and my day all laid out.

It was a long day though, to say the least. I came home for a little while during the day, knowing how my Friday evenings usually shape up and knowing I'd be at work at 5 p.m. no matter what. I was. And still at 6 p.m. And still later than that. I did have an accomplished day though, at least I can say that.

I just gave Scouty a bath in preparation for the 5k tomorrow morning. We're going to walk it, of course. No running here since my "injury" so long ago that just unfortunately has kept me away from exercising for so long now. I say "injury" because while I have doctor's proof that I hurt my foot, it was a while ago, and I probably could have been doing some sort of exercising.

I'm not really in a great mood tonight unfortunately though, so I'm going to sign off and head to bed. Up early tomorrow yet again and probably back to work for a little while anyway. I really had no other plans for the weekend anyway besides working around the house. And we all know how easy it is to procrastinate on that!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment