It was successful because we got lots of shopping done - and both of us broke out of our usual looks a little bit! It was relaxing because when we weren't shopping, we were watching tv shows or movies, and eating. Doesn't get much better than that.
Truly a wonderful weekend!
I brought the red babies, of course, and they got along pretty well with Layla, who is Jen and Nate's ginormous and sweet chocolate lab. They've all met several times before, but it's been awhile. Scouty showed his mischievous side a little bit and decided to show off his talent of opening doors, but for the most part, they did fine.
The drive itself wasn't all that bad either. It only took about 2 1/2 hours each way with a little traffic. And even though my GPS still isn't working, I made it!
When I got back in town this morning, I had big plans of being productive. Well, I did make it to the commissary right away and re-stocked my empty house. After that, I started thinking about all my new outfits I got, and how incomplete they were... soo... I headed to Speyer (again so excited because I made it all by myself!!). I have a favorite shoe store there, which just happened to have a nice clearance on some super cute shoes that were in my size! I went to a couple other stores and ultimately came away with the shoes and some cute necklaces that also were on clearance. Nice!
When I got home, Scouty and Churro helped me figure out which outfits looked good with which shoes and necklaces, while Noel lounged downstairs. I think my co-workers will be pleasantly surprised when I debut some of my new outfits. They will probably wonder what happened to Kristen and who the new PAO is. haha!
I have to say a big public thanks to Jen for being a great hostess. It's definitely much better and much more fun to have a shopping partner - she and I both tried on stuff we probably never would have picked out by ourselves, and came away with some cute stuff. Go us! As I told her, my weekend would have probably been more of the same old same - me hanging around here - so even though we didn't "do" a lot, it was nice to get away and just hang out with her for a while. We shopped, we cooked, we baked cookies, we chatted. It was fun!
Overall, a great holiday weekend. I know that work is just piled up waiting for me when I get in tomorrow, but sometimes you do just need to unplug and take the weekend like we did.
And.... the Twins stomped the Rangers!! Keep it up, boys!! I'm loving it!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment