I was quite productive today at work. I think it's because I realized time is winding down before my upcoming vacation and I realized I have a very large to-do list of stuff to accomplish.
This afternoon I had my weekly update meeting with my commander and deputy. She started the meeting by reading a letter about me that she received in the mail. A retired general and historian were here in June, and I gave them a small tour of parts of our facilities. While they were here they taught me more than I could teach them, but they still wrote a raving note about me to the commander. I thought that was so nice! And my commander was so complimentary and appreciative of the good job I did. That was a nice point of the day.
Later in the afternoon, a friend from down the hall stopped by and said the commander asked him to talk to me about her time capsule. See, we decided to put the time capsule items in a curio cabinet outside one of our clinics to display everything we gathered. Problem is, I couldn't figure out how to get the cabinet open. I reported back to the commander today that the cabinet was broken because the front panel is off-center and I couldn't get it to open at all.
So, my friend and I walked over to take a look at the cabinet because he couldn't figure out which one I was talking about. I explained to him, (we'll call him MAJ V), that it was broken. He's the budget guy and said she wanted him to purchase a new one.
Only problem? It wasn't actually broken. Upon closer inspection, MAJ V waved me aside and proceeded to slide the front panel to the side.
It doesn't open like a door - it slides open. Nice.
Embarrassing! I promptly turned 12 shades of red and tried to blame my blonde hair. Luckily, MAJ V is a nice guy and replied, "We all have our bad days!" Good news, at least we don't have to buy a new cabinet!
Beyond that, I did a little housework tonight but have a ton of stuff to do still around the house, yard and around town.
I spoke to Lira for a little while because I think Rita and I may have found a home for Buddy their bird. We're working on it but hopefully it'll pan out. Watched some tv and now getting ready to head to bed - way too late, yet again. No wonder on the weekends I end up crashing for 12 hours at a time!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment