That was an interesting conversation. Let's just say, I called the MP's back, told them I had more info, so they told me to come back and make another statement. I did. Not sure if anything will come from it, but at least I can feel like I tried to do my part. Should something like this happen again to someone else at my unit, at least we can start a trending pattern based on information. Let's just hope no one else has to go through it.
It was a weird feeling when they kept calling me the "victim." They even gave me a little pamphlet about being a victim of a crime and pointed out all the resources available for counseling and help if I needed it.
I guess I never really thought of myself as the victim of a crime, but in all actuality, that's exactly what it was. I'm certainly not going to need counseling for it or anything - I just know that I'll be more careful in the future. But it was a strange feeling to say the least, to hear that word and be signing paperwork about it.
My co-worker down the hall, Donna, and I had a nice conversation about it. I kept blaming myself. She pointed out how society has a great tendency to blame the victim - such as when people told me, "are you SURE that money was in your wallet? Don't you think you should go home and look for it, and just make sure you didn't just leave it at home and forgot about it?"
Anyway, enough on that. I also successfully got my car inspected since my registration is up this month. I was a little nervous about that. Not that I thought my car wouldn't pass, but because I had never done that before here and had no clue where to go. That's definitely one of those things Carl would have handled for me! My car passed inspection, but the guy pointed out that the tread on my front tires is thin and I'll need new ones very soon. Great. Another thing Carl normally would handle for me!
As for work, yeah, didn't get too much of that done today unfortunately! I did get the commander's blog for next week prepared but other than that, the day was mostly consumed by other stuff. Oh well. That's what Monday is for, right? (And yes, I realize Monday's a holiday - but I have a ton of stuff to do!!)
Tonight on my way home, I stopped at the shoppette to put money on my gas card. I picked up the latest issue of Self magazine. I just picked it up to read a little while ago and *Gasp* - a headline on the front cover says, "I had a heart attack at age 28 -- Symptoms anyone could miss." Oh man! And I thought I was bad for reading "The Answer to Cancer" book before bed. Geez. Definitely heading to bed to read up on what the magazine calls "The Save Your Life Guide" right now.
In the morning I'm headed to Bavaria to visit Jen! Should be fun! Girls and dogs' weekend, here I come!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment