This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Band-aids and good news

Today, I got to bust out one of the free first aid kits that are normally reserved for give-aways at our outreach events. I know, they are not supposed to go to staff, but I got an injury in the parking lot at the shopping center and needed a band-aid!

An injury in the parking lot...How, you ask?

I had to re-register my car today at the vehicle reg office. Well, of course, I didn't know you had to bring the license plates in with you to get an updated sticker or something. Chelsey was with me because, well, since I was going to the shopping center around lunchtime for errands, she happily tagged along to help out. And eat.

All I can say is, a very nice Major helped us get the back license plate off and showed us how to do it. Then we had to get the front one off ourselves.

Result? Her finger got smashed, mine got sliced open with a blood blister to boot.

I would say that if you could picture the scene of two blondes in the middle of the parking lot, screaming at the license plate and screeching about hurt fingers, you would probably think you were watching a sitcom.

Nope, that's just Kristen and Chelsey up to no good again.

It's funny, every time certain people walk by us at work they ask if we're up to something. And we never are, when they ask. It's all the other times that no one asks when we are actually plotting something! But, I digress.

So, after stuffing our faces with Burger King (side note, customer service was terrible today) we headed back to the office and I found a first aid kit and fixed my gashed finger myself. Good thing I work at a health center and got a tetanus shot last year.

The rest of the day I caught up on work and attended a few meetings.

This morning, however, I had a dermatology appointment so I could be reassured I'm not dying of skin cancer. Check! He looked me over, head to toe, and said nothing looked suspicious, not even the one the family practice doc had actually referred me for. That's great news! Mark that one off the list of possible diseases!

The best news of the day came while I was in a meeting. I had a voicemail waiting for me from the gynecologist -- the colposcopy biopsy results came back, and everything was negative. YAY!!!! This is super, awesome, wonderful, amazingly good news. I am home-free and clear till next year's normal annual exam. Thank the Lord, what a blessing! I told a couple people at work, emailed my parents the wonderful news, and headed home a little early to celebrate. My celebration consisted of a backyard fetch session with the dogs and several episodes of Reba. Life is good :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment