Wow, did I have a busy day today! But overall it was a pretty great day. I am knocking out so much stuff on my to-do list. I just can't believe how much is going on now and it feels like I am honestly doing two week's worth of stuff right now to make up for being gone for just a week.
I really do have some awesome co-workers though who are really stepping up and helping out. Thanks guys :)
Today I found out that someone I work with was trying to pass some blame for a mistake that was made off to me. Luckily, other people knew the whole story and backed me up. That kind of hurts when someone you think you know suddenly pulls out from under you, but I guess it's ok that overall the real truth came out. Still a little frustrating.
Other than that, I had a great day!! I know it sounds completely cheesy, but I just absolutely love where I work and the people I work with.
Tonight I did something so completely genius, I would like to put myself in for the Genius of the Year award for this one:
Ok, so remember the cupcakes I made the other night? And remember how I dropped one of them so I didn't take it to work? Well, of course, I saved it. I was going to figure out a way to eat it. Tonight, I finally remembered to bring my frosting home from work. Since I didn't get home till close to 7 p.m., I was starving and ran straight to the sweet joys of my cupcakes.
Hmm... when I dropped it, it only landed on its top side. I mean it was like straight-up just sitting upside down on its face so that the rest of the cupcake (in a wrapper) never even touched the floor. So, what did I do? Simple!
I unwrapped the cupcake, turned it upside down, and frosted the bottom! I ate it upside down and left the top part (now the bottom) that had actually touched the floor!!
Ohhhh cupcake, sweet banana split cupcake, even upside down you were so delicious!!
See? Genius!! The only part that got wasted was a small section of the top that had hit the floor. The rest is now settling nicely in my belly (or rather, my ever-expanding waistline...)
Now, I need to try to get to bed early. Dad called a little while ago and said he feels like he's getting sick. We're all trying to do our best to get lots of sleep before the trip because I can tell you right now, this trip is going to be whirlwind!!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment