Today was another unbelievably busy day at work. Today I also debuted my new and improved not-so-plain-jane look! I wore a new outfit from this weekend and got some nice compliments. Yay for branching out and busting out of my shell a little bit!
I had a very nice chat with my commander almost first thing this morning, which was a nice way to start the day. She is that perfect mixture of professional and caring - we focus on work, but she's also genuinely interested in our lives outside of work. It's nice when someone asks how your weekend was, and you know they actually mean it and want to hear your response. She and her husband took a family trip to Prague for the weekend, so she told me all about that as well.
The rest of the day was spent playing catch-up from last week. In the game of life, I have realized I was definitely not meant to be a catcher - I stink at playing catch-up.
Hmmm.... Speaking of catchers, check out these super cute videos I found of my favorite catcher! They should appear below. Enjoy :) (then keep reading below the videos)...
Have I mentioned before how much I adore Joe Mauer and the Minnesota Twins? Well, I do. Joe's a good Minnesota kid. He's only a couple months older than me. Wow...yeah!
But most importantly, for those of you who don't know - the Twins manager, Ron Gardenhire, came to my grandfather's funeral a few years ago. He took time away from spring training and was late to an autograph session so that he and his wife could come to the funeral to pay their respects to my grandpa Bob. That's classy, in my opinion. He certainly didn't have to do that. For that reason alone, I am a forever fan.
Plus, look at Joe Mauer! How could you not love that guy?!
Thanks for reading (and watching!)
I LOVE THIS BLOG !!!
ReplyDeleteFirst time reader....I like it alto grande! That Joe certainly is a cute one. How exactly do you two know each other?
ReplyDelete