A few weeks ago, Chelsey and I went on a Saturday shopping spree to IKEA, the post thrift shop and some yard sales. One of our purchases was a very cute cupcake apron (yeah, one for each of us! Go ahead - laugh!)
I normally have trouble in the kitchen, to say the least. I decided that even if I'm going to ruin everything I attempt to make, I should at least look cute doing it, right?
So far, the apron has worked wonders! I have recently become the world's foremost authority on delicious fruit/yogurt/juice smoothies. Chelsey and I successfully made cupcakes at her house a couple weeks ago. And tonight, the crowning achievement as I baked some super yummy brownies from scratch. Yes! I'm bringing them to Chels as a celebration for passing her PT test tomorrow. Yeah, I know as I write this she hasn't actually taken it, but I know she's going to pass. (Or I'm going to feel really bad that I totally jinxed her since this will post for the world to see tonight....come on Chelsey!!)
I got the recipe out of my "100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes" cookbook. No, I am not a full vegan, but yes, I am vegetarian. And proud of it!! I enjoy this vegan cookbook because it's pretty much all sweet treats and desserts - my favorites - and the ingredients are relatively simple and easy to find even here in Germany.
Ahhh, the taste of sweet success! Oh wait, that's just brownie stuck in my teeth.
I also realized today, for the upteenth time, that I seriously have some of the greatest friends on the planet. I had a couple really awesome phone calls tonight from friends just checking on me. They rock. I am super blessed, what can I say? Thanks Jen and Chelsey. You guys are the best. :) While I'm at it, let me give Jen's blog a little shout-out. She's the one who really convinced me to start blogging again. Check out her adventures here. And remember to keep her husband in your prayers as he's currently deployed.
Work today was fine. In case you were wondering, August is National Immunization Awareness Month, and you should really make sure your vaccinations are up to date. I had a couple things late in the day that lasted a while, but I made it home in one piece.
Tomorrow morning I have an early meeting so I really should be in bed right now. Then in the afternoon I have a doc's appointment. I'm still figuring out exactly which ailment I should ask her about. The aching hip, the sore foot, the sleeplessness, my certainty that I'm diabetic, or perhaps something else. With me, it's always something. I figure I better get in and get checked out so she can reassure me for another few months that I'm alive and well.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment