This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can I borrow some applesauce?

Sometimes you just get disappointed in life... Like tonight, I am bummed out, plain and simple.

I really wanted to bake again tonight. I swear, it's become an obsession. But, alas, I'm out of applesauce and I'm out of oil and I can't find any recipes that I have all the right ingredients for.

Sadness!!

Last night I made my first-ever loaf of banana bread and it was amazing! I think I have about one slice left, and no, I didn't share it with anyone.... that was all me!

I was talking today at work about how I am really considering leaving my current career path and taking up baking for a living. Just open a little shop and sell my own baked goods. My stuff that I've been making lately is just that good.

It's the apron, I swear it is. I am empowered by that magic apron. I can do no wrong in the kitchen!

So, I spent this evening doing lots of Skyping and watching the latest Army Wives -- which, by the way, was really different this week and kind of disappointed me until about the last 30 seconds. Wow....

I will say that I truly enjoyed this evening being able to Skype with my mom and show her all the pottery I got! A lot of it is going to her and she loved all of it. Success! I also Skyped with Carl who was not having a very good evening. I've got some goodies gathered up to send him in his first care package so hopefully if I can get that in the mail soon it will help cheer him up.

My work day was pretty productive overall, but nothing to blog home about.

Well that's about it for tonight I suppose. I am going to go and look one more time for a recipe I can make tonight that I have everything for. Baking has become a sort of therapy for me lately and when I can't do it I feel anxious.

Yeah, I know, I'm a dork. Whatever!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment