This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reba

Today, I didn't do much of anything. And it felt great.

I did start out this morning by going to church, which to me is the best way to get my week started right. It was a good sermon. The chaplain was not our usual chaplain, but I have heard him before. He lost me a few times but overall it was a good message -- just remember, God's grace is greater than all our sin.

He mentioned thinking about that 'person' you maybe don't want to run into at the commissary, but when you do, you need to make the most of it. Always think of what others have going on, and most importantly, look for the presence of God in others' lives, not His absence.

It's a tough sell sometimes to think that way, but, I'll work on it.

After that, I did my old "Sunday routine" of hitting up the library and then the commissary. Would you believe that someone had already checked out Lipstick Jungle season two?! The nerve! Ugh! So, I got a couple other tv series and a few books but ultimately came home to veg on the couch all day.

I have pretty much made it through the entire first season of "Reba." What a cute show!! I can't stop watching it. I have accomplished pretty much nothing else today beyond making a Boca burger, some macaroni and cheese, baked beans and a smoothie. The dogs have enjoyed nap-and-cuddle time with mommy. I know, I should have walked them, but I didn't. Sorry guys :( I would use my foot as an excuse but that would be lame and therefore I won't even try that one.

I was able to Skype with Carl for almost an hour tonight. Got his address too so I can start sending him stuff. He's doing pretty well but was a little bummed when I told him of some of my upcoming trips I have planned. I definitely understand his disappointment considering where he's stuck but we should have plenty of fun travels when he comes back and he assures me that he doesn't want me just sitting home all year while he's gone.

That's about it for tonight. Tomorrow starts a new work week. It's going to be a very busy one. I can already think of three after-work events this week alone. Whew. Here goes. Guess I better get to bed.

Eh, wait, maybe one more episode of Reba tonight.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment