This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just need to get it out of my system...

Tonight I'm going to vent.

This morning my landlord called and asked if people could come look at the house tonight at 6. Excuse me?

I guess if I were some sort of amazing Suzy Homemaker type of person, this wouldn't be a problem. Maybe my house would always look neat and clean and I'd be able to know for sure I'd be home at a certain time.

But no, I work full-time, and I don't ever know exactly when I'll be home from work. I can't really just up and leave in the middle of the day to show the house or try to clean it. And no, I'm sorry but I just don't keep my house in show-ready condition every day. Shocker, I know.

With two hairy dogs and a fat cat, and me, it's just not always the most tidy place. Oh well. Do I care? Nope.

So, I told her that I have been sick (true) and wanted to clean the house up (also true) and asked if they could maybe come tomorrow evening instead. She said that would be fine. But now I'm regretting only buying myself one day of cleaning up because frankly I'm just not feeling it tonight!

Before you go thinking I'm some super slob, it's really not that bad - just some dog hair bunnies floating by on the floor and the random pile of clothing thrown on the dresser in the bedroom.

Oh yeah, and did I mention the ginormous amount of Polish pottery spread all over my dining room. Yeah, about that.... guess I need to figure a place to stash it all and pronto.

Something else I'd like to vent about tonight is the Germans and their bikes and mopeds. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all about the environment and saving the planet and being green. I use reusable shopping bags, I only buy cruelty free and natural cleaning products, I buy organic, heck my entire family got reusable shopping bags for Christmas a couple years ago. I have nothing against pedal power.

But my gosh, do they have to ride down the middle of the freakin' road? Why don't they use the bike path that is right next to the road? Seriously! Do they have to ride so slow and swerve all over the place so you really can't pass them? Then when you want to pass you come across some random car that is parked halfway in the road so you can't pass anyway, because that's another thing they do here is park WHEREVER THEY WANT. The middle of a busy intersection? Yep, this looks like a good spot to park. Sheesh, people!

And lastly, I really can't stand people who claim to be good Christians and then turn out to be hypocrites. Really. Don't go pretending to be my friend and talk to me all nice only to turn around and talk bad about me behind my back. I am not ok with it. And honestly you shouldn't be ok with it either. You're going to go to church every week and sing and dance and act like you're all friends with everyone you meet. But you're not. Shame on you.

You know, I don't claim to be a perfect Christian by any means. But I do like to think I've learned to be a bigger person through a lot of nonsense lately. Too bad others can't do the same.

From here, I'd like to direct you to my friend Jen's blog so you can read her vent from yesterday evening - she says a lot of stuff so very well. Read it by clicking "here." But please don't forget to finish reading mine!

Ok, seriously, I actually had a very good day at work today, believe it or not! :) I know it's hard to believe seeing as what I've blogged about tonight. Please don't think I'm just in a total bad mood. It's just that I have felt this blog was a little too vanilla lately - and I needed it to be rainbow sherbet mixed with neopolitan tonight! Sometimes you just have to get it out there!

A couple bright spots to my day - that random NCO who ate my blueberry muffins last week stopped by this morning to see if I had any more! And the banana bread I made two nights ago was a hit with yet another totally neutral soldier who was filling in for one of our admin ladies today. Yay! Baking really is good therapy. I'm feeling some cookies coming on later this evening perhaps? Only if I get some cleaning done. And so far I'm really good at putting it off....

Carl got his first care package from me yesterday! It was mailed Thursday and already got to him! That's great news. Today I mailed him a giant envelope of magazines and reading materials.

Alrighty I guess that's enough procrastinating on the housework for now. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment