This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The return of Leslie!

Leslie is back in Germany safe and sound and - almost taller than me now! She's only been gone a couple months!

I was really happy this afternoon when Lira and Leslie showed up as planned. We goofed around the house for a while before heading to the commissary to do some shopping and then going to pick up Thomas so he could come back and work on the yard for me.

It was nice to have company over! We made some pizza and mozzarella bites and rented "Date Night" from the Apple TV. Poor Leslie only made it through the first few minutes of the movie before racking out. She was definitely jet-lagged. She made it till about 7 p.m. so that's pretty good.

Thomas got the back yard mowed in only about 20 minutes, including raking and bagging up all the clippings. Then he moved on to the garden in the back-back-yard (we have two yards here; one is the small yard right outside the house and the other is the much larger garden area behind the garage and work buildings). Unfortunately the weed eater decided to act up. I don't know much about weed eaters but he said something about flooding it and it needed to rest. So, he ended up watching the movie and eating with us instead. We're going to try again on Tuesday and see if he can come back and finish up.

The movie was pretty cute. Lira and I were laughing out loud together at some parts. Overall it was a nice way to spend some time with all of them again.

After they left, I rented "The Last Song." It was good. I had read the book (huge Nicholas Sparks fan) so I already knew the story. I thought it focused a little too much on Ronnie and Will (or rather, Miley and Liam - although he was nice to look at, she annoys me a slight bit, but she did a good job in this movie). But I guess the book was kind of about them mostly. Very touching and sad story but most of the Nicholas Sparks books are that way!

And now, I was getting ready to head to bed so I can get a good amount of sleep tonight (like I didn't last night? Ha!) but my Minnesota Twins are on AFN right now so how do I go to sleep knowing they're on? Come on Twins! Ironic that I wore one of my Mauer shirts today :) Ok not really since most weekends I am sporting a Joe Mauer/Twins shirt of some type. Pretty soon I'll be busting out the Vikings shirts again as well!

That's about it for tonight I suppose. Should probably settle in on the couch to watch some baseball and fall asleep to the glorious sounds of a Twins baseball game :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment