I had an excellent day at work today. This morning, I had one of the DA photographers come over to our kaserne to take some new stock and historical photos for us. Yesterday afternoon I asked the commander if she'd like to tag along, and she actually jumped at the chance. She was very excited, so this morning we walked around for a full two hours taking photos of everything. We are going to have to schedule another time for him to come back as we didn't even scratch the surface of what we do at our clinic!
It was quite interesting because we went to a lot of places I'd never actually been yet - such as into the lab area. A lot of people hide when they see me coming with a camera or videographer, but some people today were more than willing to help out, and I'd have to give a shout-out to our lab folks as they did a great job.
Oh yeah, and I got to be the model for one of the pictures - believe it or not, the mammography machine! Ha! It was only the back of my head so you won't be able to tell it's me... pretty funny though. Chelsey was our audiology model, the commander modeled in our family practice area, and many of our other soldiers stepped up to help out. Thank goodness we had a patient volunteer for the gynocology clinic! Ha!
Chelsey and I also worked on the commander's time capsule today. Our O-Day is this Friday and for it, she wanted to put together a time capsule celebrating the Army's 65 years in our location. We solicited ideas from throughout the command by putting an idea box outside our chow hall a couple months ago. I seem to remember being described as looking like "cheerleaders getting ready for a high school pep rally" the day we were making the poster and box, but I digress. The idea box worked and we spent today gathering a bunch of historical items. It's pretty neat actually - I found an old "yearbook" from the 80s, we found some pictures and maps and stuff from the 60s, and a guy I gave a tour to recently sent me some letters from the 40s! We also have more recent stuff like patches, berets and the infamous "BCGs" - Army spectacles.
Today, Chelsey and Robert also put their reserves on a puppy! A German shepherd puppy that they'll be picking up next week. He's really cute. I am happy because hopefully he'll get along with Scouty and Noel and we can have dog park play dates for them!
I had a failure today as I drank a diet soda with my lunch. Never mind the two slices of cheese pizza that was actually my lunch - that was ok - but I was really doing well with my giving up on soda's. Hmmm. Just realized I had cheese pizza for lunch. And a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.
Actually, I use this cool vegan cheese stuff now at home. It's called "Veggie Slices" and it's a cheese product that melts unbelievably well for grilled cheese sandwiches. Sounds icky if you've never tried it, but I recommend it. My favorite is just the plain old American slices. I also have tried their mozzarella shreds but it has a little too strong of a flavor for me.
Tonight I tried to make a new cookie recipe I found online, for peanut butter-oatmeal-banana cookies. Sounds yummy, right? Yeah, not so much. They were actually quite disgusting. Oh well. Can't win them all! I do believe it was just this recipe in particular - I'm getting strong enough in my belief in my own baking abilities that I think I could improve upon it quite a bit and actually make something good out of it. Maybe a project for this weekend?
Well, I just finished sipping my mug of Sleepytime tea and think it's time to head to bed. I put nice fresh clean sheets on the bed and that's always a pleasure to curl up in :). Carl would laugh at me because right now I'm singing "So fresh and so clean-clean" like I always do when I wash the doggies or do anything that makes me say "fresh" and "clean" in the same sentence. Silly, I know, but whatever!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment