Yes, really.
Before I go into that story, I must apologize for not blogging last night. Not that anyone's actually waiting on pins and needles for my next post, but I am really determined to keep this up and once you miss a day it's too easy to miss the next one too, and the next, which is what happened to good ol' Destination Deutschland.
Yesterday was a long, extremely busy day at work. Any time you have three back-to-back-to-back meetings and end up not leaving the office till at least 5:30 on a Friday evening, and when you and the command team are virtually the only people left around, it's been a busy day. I won't go into it too much except to say I ran by the commissary on my way home to pick up a frozen pizza and.... baking supplies.
I ended up starting Lipstick Jungle last night. At first, I didn't really like it, or maybe just wasn't in the mood for it. It was scandalous. But today I turned it back on and realized it was.... scandalous! And I liked it!! I already finished all of season one and will be making a beeline to the library tomorrow after church to swipe season two.
This morning I slept in as long as the dogs would let me, which was only about 9-ish. I headed up to the thrift shop about 11 but got a call from Chelsey, who had already gone to scope everything out as soon as they opened and informed me there was nothing good this week. Darn. So we headed out to find the place to get our international drivers' licenses, which of course isn't open on the weekends. But at least now we know where to go on Monday to get it squared away.
I went to the PX this afternoon to check out their picture frames because I finally got my order of prints from past vacations (thanks Snapfish for my 50 free prints on my first order!) I must say, I'm super proud of myself...
I bought some black frames in varying sizes and some fancy heavy duty cardstock paper to create little mats for the pictures. All the prints I got are 4x6, but by getting frames in various sizes with nice little mats, it should create a nice little collage of photos on the wall! And they turned out really cute, I must admit!
Next step is figuring out how to hang them on the wall. Hmmm. May have to call in some help on that one. Me+a hammer+ nails= accident waiting to happen. Actually I did get one frame hung today, with one nail, and it looks good :)
Beyond that, as I mentioned earlier, I tried a peanut butter cookie recipe from the Vegan Baking cookbook I mentioned in a previous post. Wow! I normally don't like peanut butter cookies all that much, but these are good! But let's just say eau de peanutbutter is now stinking up my house....
The rest of the evening has been spent chatting with my mom and dad a little bit and Carl. He was successfully able to get his internet hooked up in his room and we got the Skype working. The connection's not great, but technology sure is amazing that we are able to chat like that! Scouty was pretty excited -- he found his stuffed gorilla and ran around the room playing with it so Carl could see him on the web cam. Awww, they miss their daddy.
I suppose that's about it for tonight. I'm still planning on creating an actual design and more catchy name for this blog, just haven't gotten around to it yet. All this baking has been wearing me out!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment