Since I had apple cobbler, brownies and ice cream at work today, I decided to try to be healthy with my dinner. Steamed veggies, here I come.
I chopped up some green and orange bell peppers, yellow and zucchini squash, and potatoes (basically whatever veggie I had in the fridge), threw them in a steamer bag, doused them in spices, and tossed it in the microwave for about five minutes. Mmmm.... no, wait...
Apparently, "dousing" them in spices was not the best idea.
Yuck! The steamer bag worked fine and the veggies were great, but somewhere along the line the spices just kicked my mouth around and I could barely eat any of them.
So, I had some dried strawberries (shout-out to one of my favorite online stores, nutsonline.com, home of some of the best yummies on the planet) and then a little later made myself a fruit smoothie consisting of one sliced banana, a handful of sliced strawberries, organic vanilla yogurt and a can of pineapple juice. Now that was a good smoothie.
I guess at least I was attempting to get my servings of fruits and veggies... I am not sure my commander agreed with me today when I was serving up the apple cobbler and considered it a fruit serving... so I had to try to correct it tonight.
Did I mention I sliced my finger open when I was chopping the veggies? Yeah. Know why? Probably because I wasn't wearing my apron! Never again, I tell ya -- if I'm in the kitchen that apron is on me!
Today I was busy! We have so much going on that people have been constantly stopping by and calling and emailing. That's good, but sometimes I let myself get overwhelmed or I take on other stuff that's maybe not my responsibility. Then someone looks at me funny and I get my feelings hurt. Then I eat a brownie and I feel better! I swear, it's a roller coaster sometimes :)
I felt good today though because I had some good conversations with a couple of our deputies and my commander, and they all were very complimentary and let me know what a great job they think I'm doing. Not that I want to toot my own horn by writing that on here, but sometimes it's just really nice to get that reassurance and hear some positive feedback.
I did not get to talk to Carl today but I saw that he tried to call when I was away from my desk in a meeting. I am assuming he got a flight to another destination. I am hopeful to hear from him again tomorrow.
Ah, and my iced coffee shaker cup thingy worked much better today when I added the creamer to the coffee. I'm going to become a coffee fan yet!
I had my x-ray on my foot this morning but haven't talked to the doctor to find out the results. I did some more online research on some of the other things that need to happen, and have successfully freaked myself out.
Tonight though, as I was eating dinner, I watched a church sermon from Lifechurch.tv, which was the church we attended when we lived in Oklahoma. I LOVE that church. I urge you to check it out. The message tonight was called "Toxic" and was all about the toxic thoughts we pollute ourselves with -- general negativity, etc. It was a good one.
It's amazing how God provides you with the right message at the right time.
I suppose that's enough random babblings for this evening.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment