This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day one

Well, here I go again. I tried this whole blog thing once before, as you can probably see from my profile, and last time it worked really well for over a year. But then, regular day-to-day life set in and my blog posts about traveling became less frequent. I got busy with work and eventually gave up the blogging.

I thought about starting up again on the old Destination Deutschland blog, but didn't think it would be quite right since that was for "KristenandCarl" and this one is mostly just going to be for me. I'm going to use this blog to fill a whole lot of spare time on my hands since Carl's gone back downrange. This will be the crazy adventures of Kristen as I attempt to make it through this next year of living in Europe alone. Yikes!!

I can't even begin to describe what I'll be writing about, mostly just whatever comes to mind - maybe stuff from work, lots of random adventures with my girlfriends and lots more surprises. Since I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I certainly can't tell you what tomorrow's blog entry will bring, either.

For today, all I know is that this is officially Day One of Carl's deployment. So it's also Day One of this new blog. I don't even know if I'll write every day, though I am really going to try, even if it's just a couple sentences.

So far, I can tell you these past few weeks since Carl went stateside for processing have been an adventure already -- think shopping (thrift store, flohmarkts, IKEA, etc.); dinner-and-movie date nights with the girls; trying to figure out how the lawnmower works (thank goodness for knowing a 14-year old who wanted to earn some money doing yard work this summer!); baking cupcakes; work, work, work; reading; watching tv; planning upcoming road trips to Poland and Switzerland...

Apparently, I will have plenty to write about. Stay tuned! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment