This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Monday, August 23, 2010

The joys of tea

I just ate some soup and made a nice hot cup of tea. Nope, I don't feel well tonight. :(

I am pretty sure it's just one massive allergy attack that hit yesterday evening and stayed with me all day today and now well into this evening. I even left work at 4:30 today - that's got to be like a new record for me, actually leaving on time.

Today was a fairly productive workday in between blowing my nose and sneezing and sniffling. Let's just say my office door was closed the majority of the day.

I would like to take a minute to give a shout-out to one of my new favorite drinks - tea. Well ok so it's not my new favorite as probably last winter at some point was when I truly discovered the joys of a nice steamy mug of tea. Almost every day at work you'd find me, mug in hand. Almost like the coffee drinkers, only healthier. :) Every time I went somewhere, I'd try to find a new type of tea to bring back (so far, Sweden wins for yummiest!).

I recently checked out the book "Skinny B****" at the library. You can guess what the B-word is. I just call it Skinny B. Anyway, I have the Skinny B in the Kitch cookbook, which is pretty good, but I finally found the original Skinny B. It talks about all the garbage we eat and put into our bodies. I am working now on giving up sodas. It's going to be tough, as I love a good Cherry Coke Zero with my lunch, but now I'm turning to a mug of tea for my caffeine fix in the morning, a bottle of juice with breakfast, and water the rest of the day. I even bought the True Lime and True Lemon mix-ins to add to my water and so far it's been fantastic. I'm going to make myself healthy yet!

Now I know some of you may be thinking -- right, healthy, with all that baking you've been doing? Well listen here all of you's -- all that baking I do is healthy baking! So much better than the packaged brownie mixes or boxes of chocolate chip cookies. Nope, the stuff I make is cool because I know exactly what's going into it and exactly what's going in to me. And it's bare minimum. Most everything I've made lately is still coming from the "100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes," which I highly recommend to everyone, vegan or not. It's just good stuff!

Yesterday was nice as I went to church in the morning, then the library (STILL no Reba season two or Lipstick Jungle season two!), then the PX and back to the commissary. I know, what a boring day! Church was good and I signed up for a new Wednesday night class they're starting soon. The rest of the afternoon I worked on the house a little and watched some more of "Airline." That's a great show to just have on when I'm working on a bunch of other stuff.

I suppose that's about it for tonight. I need to continue sipping this yummy Sleepytime tea and get to bed very early hopefully. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment