This evening I felt like I was saying good-bye to an old friend as I finished season one of the "Kath & Kim" tv show dvd's I checked out from the library recently. Something about that show just tickled me. I am sad because it seems they only made one season and there may not be any plans for a season two. I loved it for many reasons, but mostly because it was completely mindless! I didn't have to think about anything when I watched it except the adventures of Kath, Kim, Craig and Phil. It's stupid, they're silly, and the show probably got a negative star rating from the "experts" for all I know, but I don't care - I loved it! I have next checked out "Lipstick Jungle" and "Reba," so we'll see how those go. I also have to finish seasons 5 & 6 of "Lost." I try to only watch those episodes on the weekends though. Yeah, umm, don't ask. And, I borrowed a season of "Friends" and the mini-series "Band of Brothers" from a co-worker. I am intrigued by that one because last December I got to go on an amazing staff ride to visit some of the sites of the men of Easy Company and would love to see the show that it inspired. Huh... I just realized something. For someone who claims to not even like television, I sure have a lot of shows lined up for myself, don't I? Oh yes and of course I watched the most recent episode of "Army Wives" tonight. Love that show!!
Today my car hit 30,000 miles. I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning only to see "30,001" on the odometer. Dang it! I missed it! Oh well. This milestone is significant though because we bought the car pretty much straight off the truck at the dealership - less than two years ago. Probably 29,700 of those miles have been accumulated in Europe. Not bad for a cute little Dodge from South Carolina! I'm always busy planning my next vehicle.... right now I'm leaning toward a Q5, but have to admit the Range Rover Sport still makes me drool. I can dream, can't I?
Another adventure I worked on this evening was calling the state of South Carolina Department of Revenue. Though I only lived there officially for one year, and haven't actually lived there in two years, I randomly got a letter in the mail on Friday stating I owed over $1000 in taxes, and this was my final notice! Excuse me? No, I don't think so. I called and spoke to a very helpful person believe it or not -- if you've been around us for any amount of time, you have heard some of the ridiculous troubles we've had with good ole South Carolina's government system -- anyway she listened to me, talked to someone about it, and now seems to think we have it taken care of, and gave me her direct phone line to call back tomorrow to double check it's all been wrapped up. Fingers crossed this works because I really don't want to have to get a lawyer involved or something.
I suppose that's about it for tonight. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment