This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sleep is a good thing!

I'm blogging this morning for yesterday.

Had a good day overall. I called the vet at about 1100 to see if they could see Scouty - yes, they had an opening in 45 minutes. So, I raced home and got him and made it back to the vet. They said he definitely has an ear infection so he got his ear cleaned out and I got some drops for him that have to be administered once a day for a week.

He was such a good boy, too! So well-behaved. All he did was stand there on the table and stare at me for everything they did to him. I also got him updated on a couple shots he needed, and still he didn't even flinch. That's my little baby!

Silly me forgot that I'd need to have Euro on hand to pay though, but they were kind enough to let me leave the 20Euro I had and bring the rest back later. I went across the street to the ATM on Patton, stopped by to visit Lira for a few minutes, went back to pay, and then headed back to work. With Scout, of course.

Our command team was all at an off-site all day, so the building was quiet and most people there have met Scout and really like him, so I knew he'd be ok. Once again, he was so well-behaved! He laid under my desk or by the door the entire time, and whenever someone stopped by he'd slowly get up and walk over to get pet, just sitting there nicely for everyone who wanted to visit him.

I left about 5:45, got stuck in a slight stau, and then got home in time to Skype Carl for a few minutes.

Then I had a message from Chelsey wanting dinner and a strawberry-shortcake date. Who am I to turn that down? So I headed back to PHV and met up with her for dinner.

We are such crazy girls, let me tell ya - lemonade and strawberry shortcake at the bar! Watch out world! :)

Then I headed home, talked to my mom for a little while and headed to bed because I was kind of falling asleep on the phone with her. This was probably 10:30 p.m. last night. This morning I was in-and-out of sleep for a while and had no idea what time it was till I got a phone call at about 11 a.m. I was so out of it I couldn't figure out how to answer the phone! It was Carl calling from his new Afghani cell phone. And yes I was still sleeping at 11! Wow.

So I got up, Skyped with him a little bit and then got to work trying to clean my messy house. Today Leslie is back! My "little sister." So Lira's bringing her and Thomas over so Thomas can work on my yard. They should be here any minute now. The house looks okay but luckily they are enough like family that I don't really care that much.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment