It was definitely someone asking for something - as in, a German family who heard this house might be for sale and wanted to see it.
Say what?!
Umm, no. I am in some saggy soccer pants, a TTU basketball t-shirt, no bra (sorry for the visual) and rockin' the barefeet. Hair up in a ponytail, glasses on and leftovers from dinner stuck in my teeth for sure.
I was pleasant to them, of course, but definitely didn't let them in the house. I gave them my landlord's phone number and did show them the backyard and extra garden area (all while barefoot of course - silly American!). They were very nice, but, still not getting in my house on a random evening when I have no idea who they are.
I must admit, I've been little miss bachelorette lately with my house cleaning. Guess all that's coming to an end again. Yes, the house is for sale in case you are wondering. My landlord has assured us that the new owners will buy it knowing it's occupied... she seems to think that means no moving will have to happen... but I think otherwise. So for the past several months I've been "on call" with the landlord wanting to show it to potential buyers. Many have looked, none have purchased.
Believe me, more than once I've entertained the idea of making sure it's very messy when people look at it so hopefully no one would want it! But when it comes down to it, I can't do that. Only time will tell if it sells, but I sure have to hope it doesn't happen anytime soon. The Army wouldn't pay for this move...
Other than that, this morning was an adventure as Chelsey and I tried to get our international driver's licenses. Let's just say we felt very American today trying to get this stuff figured out. Two trips to the drivers testing station on post and three trips to the Stadt offices later, Chelsey came away with her license, but not me. I apparently have to go to a different office since I live in an outlying community. Great! It was fun though as we tried to figure it all out -- and a great intro to how our weekend may go as two silly blonde American girls try to make our way to Poland!! Should be interesting!
In other news, I made a pretty yummy stir-fry for dinner tonight. I checked out "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" from the library yesterday and enjoyed flipping through it. I like reading up on how to cook, I just wish I could actually absorb some of the information.
I did have to google "How to put out an oil fire in the kitchen" during tonight's cooking session, but I like to think of it as being safe rather than sorry. Just trying to be prepared in case that oil I dripped on the stove top randomly decided to light up. It didn't, thank the Lord, and I remember now that you are supposed to put a lid on an oil fire -- don't worry, I always knew not to put water on it, just couldn't remember what you were actually supposed to do.
And last but not least tonight, my super awesome mom has already begun on Carl's first care package. Awww. Thanks, Dude. :) I am not sure he'll have a use for any of the Polish pottery I'll be buying this weekend, but I really should get to work on a care package soon, too. He sounded good tonight, just very tired as he's getting used to his new work schedule. Long days, short nights. Sorry Carl :(
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment