This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday afternoon naps are the best

Today I worked at our community's organizational fair - it's this big hoopla event where all the local organizations and clubs set up a booth and try to recruit new members, and community organizations can set up a booth and hand out information.

It was a fun event overall but I am quite exhausted! It felt like a full workday crammed into about 5 hours of talking to people, handing out first aid kits and hand sanitizers, and answering random questions about healthcare while living in Europe.

Our commander was a trooper as she had been up at 3 this morning to cheer on our Soldiers beginning the Best Warrior competition, and plans to go back out tonight at 3 again when they finish up their ruck march and do combatives. I felt bad every time I yawned in front of her! She did great though and I actually got a couple compliments on the fact that our unit had our commander present.

Her husband also convinced me to join the Community Spouses' Club... he said he got extra raffle tickets if I joined and listed him as my referral. Too funny :) So, we'll see how involved I end up getting in that. I have heard they do a lot of good things so it may be a good thing after all to help keep me occupied while Carl's away.

After the festival, I stopped by the library and... cha-ching! They had Reba season two! Yes!! I snatched it up and headed home to relax on the couch the rest of the day.

And guess what. That's precisely what I've done. Carl Skyped me earlier at about 6 p.m. and I was sound asleep on the couch. Oops. I am not kidding - these past couple weeks have been quite exhausting! It was nice to have a little nap. So I got up, tried to type/talk to him, and then watched some more Reba. Dinner? Check - a bowl of cereal. Awesome.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment