This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweat stains are common among my friends

Did you know that your risk of heart disease rises 70 percent if you don't brush your teeth twice a day?

Good thing ever since I had braces I am obsessed with brushing my teeth, flossing and mouthwash.

Tonight, I have been reading the latest Women's Health magazine. I really enjoy this magazine. Maybe it's my hypochondriac tendencies, or the fact that I am a medical public affairs officer and am constantly promoting health issues, but whatever it is I've always been intrigued my random health factoids.

Case in point - I learned from this issue that I'm probably quite stressed. Of the six stress signals they list in this one particular article, I have four! My body is always trying to tell me something and I'm always trying to figure it out. Did you know that even a sniffly nose can be a sign of stress? Yep. Also, junk food cravings can be a sign of stress. Huh, who woulda thunk it?

And my favorite article in this issue so far has been "The Bad Girl's Guide to Good Health." Not that I claim to be a bad girl by any means, haha, that's almost funny to think about. No, it's more things like this:

"Being a slob may help you breathe easier. ... a British study found that an unmade bed could nix in-house allergens. Turns out, tucked-in sheets can offer dust mites a covered breeding area. (gross!!)... and we should focus on keeping our houses reasonably clean, not entirely pristine... zapping every germ around, including the harmless ones, can clear the way for more serious or resistant strains. Plus, certain household disinfectant sprays and air fresheners release chemicals that can heighten asthma risk..."

Awesome news, yeah? I knew I was a semi-slob for a reason!

How about these: Downing coffee could cut your cancer risk; getting mad can keep stress in check; surfing the internet might tune up your brain; and chewing gum can keep you trim.

Great news all around if you ask me!

The other article I found quite interesting was "Don't Sweat it!" -- a guide to why some people sweat more than others and how to keep it in check. This is extra interesting to me considering that in the past month I've definitely had more than one deodorant conversation with at least three different friends that I can think of off the top of my head!

Beyond that, today at work was great. I have to say this whole week has been pretty fantastic. I've felt accomplished and appreciated all at the same time. I have been getting good vibes from the command team and co-workers and that's good because for a while I was kind of unsure of my place there. My mom and I had a very nice discussion this evening about how truly blessed I am to love my job so much. And you know what? It's true. I am blessed to work for and with America's greatest heros every day and I'm not afraid to say something like that.

Tomorrow is our Organizational Day. I'm bringing Leslie as my family member. She already called tonight to make sure I didn't forget to go pick her up. Awesome having such a cool little sister. :) It's supposed to be rainy and cold though so I'm a little bummed. We have worked hard to get ready for this day and it would be a shame for it to be postponed or canceled.

That's about it for tonight. I've got my Joe Mauer shirt all ironed and ready to wear tomorrow -win or lose this week I'm still going to show my support for my Twins!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment