Yes, I love my command team :) They don't look at me funny anymore even if they do see me dancing and singing.
Chelsey and I decided to be nice and bake for a friend of ours at work whose wife was having surgery today. So naturally I had to try new recipes last night. But you don't ever want to just try a new recipe on someone without giving them something tried-and-true, too. So, of course, that meant lots of baking for me last night.
Well, since I had an after work meeting that lasted till about 7:30, then I ran to the commissary to get supplies, then on my way home realized I forgot some supplies and had to turn around and go back to the commissary and then drove home, I didn't get home till 8:30 and ended up baking, and baking, and baking. I was so wired and not even remotely tired that I ended up staying up till midnight!
The result? Unbelievably scrumptious brownies, a loaf of banana bread and the new one I was dying to try, to-die-for blueberry streusel muffins. All from scratch. Yes, this is still the same Kristen who only a few months ago was burning frozen pizza and ruining microwave oatmeal.
Chelsey made some phenomenal cookie bars and also bought a card that we took around to the command team. It was our good deed for the day and hopefully the family will enjoy our baked goodies.
I was just excited because a completely neutral NCO who has never eaten my food before tried a muffin and was practically jumping up and down after eating it. Yes! Success!
I was a little disappointed because when the soldier came to pick up his goodies I didn't get a thank-you, and I took it personally - but then I realized he was trying to rush home to his wife -duh, her surgery was today - and hello Kristen, you don't do good deeds to be recognized for them, you just do them to be nice. So I gave myself a little slap on the wrist for being silly and went about my day.
I have been so unbelievably busy at work lately. It's a good thing though. Our O-Day is coming up and I'm on the planning committee. Flu season is approaching and we're starting the plans for that. We have a new Facebook page that the commander is excited about and I'm always trying to come up with things to put on there. I've been helping to re-organize our internal web site. I serve on a patient advisory committee. We have several health themes coming up for September that are taking lots of my time. I've been having ups and downs with work but that's going to happen I suppose.
Carl was able to call my work line today and we chatted, which was nice because Skype has been acting up lately. And his first care package is on its way! He asked for a few things in particular but of course I had to find the largest box I could and fill it up with snacks and goodies too. (Nothing baked this time though; I want to see how long it takes to get to him first).
My commander talked to me a couple weeks ago about finding professional development things to go to and today I asked to attend a conference in the States in October - and she and my deputy commander-supervisor wholeheartedly agreed to send me. Cool! I hope to combine it with a trip to see my family up north (since my parents will have just been here a couple weeks prior to this conference).
Tonight, I watched several episodes of "Airline," that show from Southwest Airlines. Got season one at the library. Good mindless tv :) It's amazing some of the things people do on there! I am anxious to get back to the library and snag Reba season two and Lipstick Jungle season two.
I guess that's about enough random nonsense for this evening. Time to get to bed. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment