This is me

Thanks for finding my blog - here you'll find my random thoughts, raves and rants on an even more random variety of topics! I write when I feel like it, and I write about whatever comes to mind. It may bore you but my hope is to make you laugh and think and enjoy yourself while you're on my page. Thanks again.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Being a hypochondriac + working in healthcare = yeah...

Congrats to Chelsey for passing her PT test this morning! Whoo-hoo! I was ready with the brownies, which were officially considered a success after two people declared them to be really good. Yay! So, we're now definitely on for our Poland road trip in a week and a half!!

This morning we had our early morning report meeting. I set my alarm for 5:45 but as usual hit snooze... and then apparently turned it off and fell back asleep. Luckily my body somehow knew not to fall too deeply back to sleep as I woke up about 6:10 a.m. Umm, considering I was hoping to leave the house by about 6:30ish, that wasn't a good thing. I raced around getting ready and made it on time. Whew.

I wasn't too concerned about being early for the meeting. No, I was more concerned because yesterday I got my awesome care packages from Carl in the mail! That meant that waiting for me at work was my super-cool new Iced Coffee shaker cup thingy from Starbucks that he sent me. I even brought my own little baggy of ice so that I could be really cool and walk around with my mug of iced coffee this morning.

One problem. I don't really like coffee that much....

It was good after I put about 5 packets of Sun Crystals in there. :) On my way home tonight I stopped off at the commissary and got some French Vanilla creamer, so tomorrow I'll try that too. In Carl's defense he knows I'm not a huge coffee fan (I prefer tea) but he also knows how much I love a gimmicky item and this one fit the bill. Thanks Carl, I am having fun with it and I am sure once I perfect the iced coffee with flavors I'll love it even more!

The meeting went fine and for some reason I was hugely popular today (all for work reasons). It seemed every time I turned around someone else was stopping by. Cool! I didn't mind! It may create more work for me in the long run, but that's a good thing in my opinion. Staying busy is hugely important.

This afternoon, I had an appointment with one of our family practice doctors. I just wanted a regular check up and to ask her about a few different things I had questions on that have been bothering me. She was very friendly and I warned her that I am a bit of a hypochondriac.

Ok, that might be an understatement. In my mind I'm always dying of some sort of cancer.

Now, in my defense I do have a history of it, and my family history is rampant with cancers. So, to make a long story short, I have a few follow-up appointments scheduled after today's appointment. I will, however, spare the details for now. The good news is that Jen's a hypochondriac too, so it's nice to be able to bounce my fears off of her - although sometimes that creates more worries on both ends as we both seem to always end up with whatever the other one was just diagnosed with. (Umm, yeah, Google can be a blessing and a curse. WebMD and Mayoclinic.com are two of the top-used sites on my computer).

I do have to go get an x-ray in the morning though because she thinks I may have a stress fracture in my foot. Great. I told her I decided to start running recently.

Honestly, that means that in the past three months, I've gone running about, oh, three times. And I get a stress fracture. Figures!

I was hoping to train for a 5k in October. I am not sure how that'll work now. We'll see if the x-ray shows anything. I will try to push through! I really want to run a 5k! I've walked several but was hoping to run the next one.

I suppose that's about all my news for today. Right now I'm listening to the "Mainstreet Country" music channel on AFN. Ahh, country music. Nothing like it. Sure brings me back home.

Thanks for reading! G'night!


1 comment:

  1. Totally meant to tell you that I had to reschedule my appointment for next Tuesday because of an AFN morning show. However, it was rescheduled to Monday, which is even better because it's one less day of worrying!

    ReplyDelete